This Sphero Draw and Drive activity & project also includes:
Determine how far the ball rolled. The class watches a video of a person controlling a sphere rolling on the floor. Pupils develop some questions about the video and make estimates to the solutions of the questions. The teacher provides learners with information about the scale between the control and the length the ball travels, allowing them to share their strategies and verify their solutions.
- Lead a discussion on how scale drawings use ratios and proportions
- Requires class members to solve proportions
- Assumes the teacher has an understanding of Three Act Tasks
- Provides an extension using the same video
- Contains suggested questions to answer using the information