A handout on speeches, part of a series on specific writing assignments, helps individuals develop their speech-writing skills. The resource starts with a discussion on audience and purpose and ends with tips to engage the audience.
7 Views 3 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Hold a writing competition where learners try to create the most engaging hook on a topic
- Place some crazy speech topics in a hat and have scholars pull one out of the hat and give a speech on the fly
- Information focuses mainly on writing speeches, not delivering them
- Asks questions to consider during the writing process
- Shares specific tips rather than just general information
- Offers a limited number of examples to support the content presented