This Solutions to Human Impacts video also includes:
The phrase think globally, act locally inspires scholars to address pollution. After learning about invasive species, nutrient pollution, and dead zones, discussion questions help scholars link the concepts. They then apply knowledge of small acts locally to help the health of the global waters.
- Have groups investigate dead zones around the world
- Research the three closest MPAs to where you live
- Relies on prior knowledge of the importance of ocean habitats
- Second of four lessons on Healthy Oceans
- Highlights important vocabulary
- Includes many extension ideas