Solution stoichiometry ... reducing waste, one calculation at a time. Chemistry scholars examine the concepts and calculations involved in solution stoichiometry with a video from JFR Science. The narrator gives examples of when to use the calculations, illustrates time-saving tips, and works example problems.
- Ask individuals to come up with their own everyday scenario they could solve using solution stoichiometry
- Give the class plenty of time after the video to work some practice problems together until they get the hang of it
- Review some basic stoichiometry terms and quantities before showing the video
- Uses an excellent strategy for determining the limiting reagent in a reaction
- The "Things to Think About" section offers great tools to help the class understand the differences between regular and solution stoichiometry