This Solar Space Telescopes instructional video also includes:
See the sun shine as you've never seen it before! Captivate your class with an activity from NOVA's Sun Lab unit. Viewers learn about the advanced satellite-mounted telescopes NASA uses to monitor the sun at every wavelength of light, then discuss why monitoring space weather is important.
- Use the activity to present the latest in solar research technology
- Have pupils compare and contrast the capabilities of the three instruments scientists use to study the sun
- Briefly review the electromagnetic spectrum before beginning the video
- The content links technology with actual research outcomes
- Images are stunning and sure to engage the class