This Solar Cooker activity also includes:
A warm, sunny day is perfect for eating great food and learning about science at the same time. Future engineers build solar cookers to prepare food using the Sun's rays. They learn how energy converts from solar energy to thermal energy.
3 Views 2 Downloads NGSS: Adaptable
- Plan an end-of-the-year picnic using the solar cookers
- The activity requires a variety of basic materials, including a pizza box
- Familiarity with energy conversions is advantageous
- Provides a printable handout
- Instructions include visuals that help learners build the solar cooker