This Socratic Seminar Format Overview lesson plan also includes:
Whether new to the Socratic seminar format or an experienced veteran of the popular discussion technique, you'll find much to like in a five-page, richly detailed packet that not only details the prep necessary, the process, and the responsibilities of the two groups, but also provides notes of variations of the format.
- Use the resource to introduce the socratic seminar format to high school classes in all subject areas
- Model how to craft questions appropriate for socratic seminar discussions
- Although designed for a discussion of Robert Frosts' poems, the format details are appropriate for any socratic seminar
- Includes a list of questions for the observation cards
- Provides a list of Frost's poems that can be paired with other works