First year undergraduate sociology students can prepare for their exams with an application that provides practice questions in six categories: Quantitative and Qualitative Data, Sources of Data, Primary and Secondary Data, Positivism and Interpretivism, Theoretical, Practical and Ethical approaches, and Education Research.
- Although the Sociological Methods study app is designed specifically to prepare British sociology students for their first year exams, it could also be used as a study aid for other learners.
- Select one of the six methods
- Select one of the playing options: Timed (90 seconds) Play All (untimed), Personalized (review of missed questions), or Glory Run (expert level)
- To view scores, tap the gray Cross Topic Progress button located on the bottom-left corner of the screen
- Use to prepare undergraduates for the Sociology Board Exams
- Of limited value outside the Sociology classroom
- Quizzes can be timed or untimed
- Personalized section permits retest of questions missed
- Can be used for independent study
- Progress Overview uses a bar graph to indicate percentage of correct responses in each of the six sections
- Progress chart can be reset to permit multiple users
- No directions for how to operate the Tip to Pick section
- No way to save individual progress charts
- Expensive given the very narrow focus of the app