This Smarter Balanced Sample Items: 7th Grade Math – Target H assessment also includes:
Not one but two box plots. How will your pupils fare? Assess their understanding of box plots by having them compare two populations. The eighth of nine installments in the Gr. 7 Claim 1 Item Slide Shows series, the resource has them make conclusions about the trends in two populations by analyzing their box plots.
- Use as an opener to introduce a lesson on comparing two populations
- Combine with items from additional presentations in the series for a more complete review
- Requires a strong understanding of the quartiles of box plots
- Offers both a key and rubric
- Expects higher order thinking