This Sioux Chef Sean Sherman: A Rebirth of Native American Cuisine activity also includes:
Many families have special dishes they serve during holiday celebrations and get-togethers. Many of these recipes have been handed down from generation to generation and often come with stories. Introduce your middle schoolers to the work of Sean Sherman and his work to bring back Native American foods that are not only traditional but also healthy.
- Use the lesson during Native American Heritage Month in November or during a study of healthy foods
- Have your class research and develop a native plant garden
- Requires projection equipment for the videos
- Class members need devices with internet access for their research
- Underscores the importance of natural, unprocessed foods