This Similar Triangles lesson plan also includes:
Pupils work in pairs to investigate what it takes to prove that two triangles are similar. They work through various shortcuts to find which are enough to show a similarity relationship between the triangles. Small groups work with the triangles formed when connecting the midpoints of the sides of a triangle.
- Provide several opportunities for pairs to discover relationships with similar triangles using geometry software
- Have groups try to find other similarity shortcuts
- Class members should be familiar with congruent triangles
- Uses geometry software, so be sure this is installed or accessible
- Includes suggested assessment questions
- Contains an instructor reference sheet for activity three