This Shower v. Bath activity & project also includes:
Which requires more water--a bath or a shower? Given some specific criteria, learners attempt to answer the question. A video shows how long it takes to fill a gallon container using a faucet and a shower head. Using that information and the cost per unit of water, scholars compare the cost of taking a shower and a bath.
- Use as a performance task when studying unit rates and ratios
- Have pupils determine the flow rate of their own faucets and shower heads to use in the calculations
- Requires a proficiency making calculations with proportions
- Offers suggestions to extend the lesson for more advanced classes
- Incorporates a real-life scenario to practice math modeling