This Sharp-Ness of Bends assessment also includes:
Define the sharpest in the group. Given a section of a trail map, pupils determine a method to measure the sharpness of each turn in the path. Individuals then determine what modifications to their formulas to make to find the sharpness of turns on a stretch of a marathon path and a water slide.
- Conduct a demonstration on how a person turns through an angle that appears to be just an acute angle turn
- Ask cross-country runners to explain how they navigate a winding course
- Individuals must understand how to measure angles and their supplements
- Includes a rubric on how to distribute points
- Provides several ways to quantify the sharpness