This Sex Cells and Inherited Trauma - De-Natured video also includes:
Do our experiences in childhood become part of our genetic makeup? The third of a four-part video series focusing on reproduction examines trending research in epigenetics. The narrator explains the experiment, data, and analysis of the changes to miRNA that became evident in stressed subjects.
- Use the video in an AP Biology class to give learners practice with decoding scientific research
- Print and distribute the scholarly article for further data analysis
- Despite great explanations, the content of the video is very high-level; be sure pupils are well-versed in DNA, RNA, and inheritance
- The discussion of childhood trauma may be difficult for some scholars
- The subject matter is fascinating
- Students gain exposure to an emerging field in biology