This Separation of Powers lesson plan also includes:
Learners explore how the Constitution provides for separation of power and limited government, as evidenced by the three branches of government. They participate in role-playing situations, group discussions, and complete worksheets to understand the role of the legislative, judicial, and executive branches and how their power remain separated.
- Have learners create comic strips explaining separation of powers
- Create a Venn diagram showing how power is divided among the branches of government
- Some concepts may need additional explanation depending on the age level
- Provides pre- and post-lesson activities to reinforce learning
- Includes primary sources, such as the Constitution