Did you know that selective breeding is behind the food we're eating? Discover the agricultural practice that changed humans from foragers to farmers using an insightful video that is part of the Fuse School playlist on Evolution. Young geneticists witness early selective breeding practices as well as the benefits of choosing parent organisms carefully.
- Integrate the resource into a lesson about inherited traits or mankind's shift from hunter-gatherer to agriculture
- Use the example of the white tiger from the video to begin a research project on the mutations that occur from breeding within the same bloodline
- Ensure that the class has a good understanding of inherited traits before watching the video
- Presents both the positive and negative aspects of selective breeding very clearly
- Animations and interesting examples support the content