Stop the summer lag with a set of second grade Common Core based math practice sheets. Learners fill in hundreds charts with missing numbers up to 1,000. They practice writing numbers in standard, expanded, and word form. Children also compare two- and three-digit numbers, add and subtract two- and three-digit numbers, as well as find missing addends. Skills practice includes measuring and estimating measurements of objects, telling time to the five minutes, and counting money. Lastly pupils identify and draw shapes and 3D figures, and partition shapes into equal parts.
- Give the packet to or share the link with parents to practice with their children over the summer
- If printing the entire packet, print pages front and back to cut down the amount of copies required
- Best used over the summer for first graders going into second grade, or as extra practice for second graders going into third grade
- Keeps learners engaged over the summer and ready for upcoming math concepts
- Touches on a variety of common second grade math skills and concepts