Explore women's history through films and filmmaking. An innovative research project prompts class members to create their own screenplay about a figure in women's history. After outlining their characters, settings, and plots, young writers script a key scene from their screenplay and present it to the class.
- Have class members list films they have seen that detail key moments or figures in women's history
- If pupils have access to the necessary technology, encourage them to film the scene they have designed and present it to the class
- Requires some prior knowledge about the filmmaking process, or a lengthy lesson during the second activity
- Multi-faceted project appeals to many different skill and interest levels
- Incorporates Women's History Month in a creative way