This Scientifically Speaking lesson plan also includes:
Explore the connection between operations with scientific notation and the laws of exponents. Scholars work on a set of word problems involving operations with scientific notation. Along the way, they consider how the laws of exponents apply when performing these operations.
- Have the class work in pairs on the worksheet and compare strategies
- Learners should have prior experience with scientific notation
- Individuals must also be familiar with the properties of exponents
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Includes a variety of contextual word problems
- Lesson plan does not indicate how to teach operations with scientific notation