This Science Talk lesson plan also includes:
Talk like a scientist. Pupils engage in a science talk about rainforests, using a note-catcher worksheet to record important points. Next, they work in triads to synthesize their ideas about the rainforest, adding notes to a KWL anchor chart.
- Provide sentence frames for English learners to use during group discussions
- Final lesson from the 10-part Grade 5 ELA Module 2a, Unit 1 series
- Requires sticky notes and the rainforest KWL anchor chart started in lesson one
- Provides strategies for differentiated instruction
- Includes supporting learning targets