Curated and Reviewed by Lesson Planet
Speed skaters, hockey players, and ice skaters each have skates created specifically for their sports—an interesting fact for your Olympic Games fans! An engaging lesson explores the engineering design of different types of ice skates.
11 Views 11 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Bring in examples of different types of skates for comparison
- Knowledge of skate sports is helpful in understanding the lesson
- Expects a basic understanding of friction
- Interviews Olympic athletes from different skate sports
- Includes additional lessons on the same topic