This Scarlett O'Hara's True Love in Gone with the Wind instructional video also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Rather than waiting to think about it tomorrow, a video from the PBS Great American Read series asks viewers to think about Gone with the Wind today, to see the novel as the story of a strong woman, a woman with "gumption."
3 Views 0 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Provide class members with a link to Alyssa Rosenberg's article "Why We Should Keep Reading Gone with the Wind," have them read the article as homework and return for a full-class discussion of Rosenberg's article
- The video acknowledges the narrow perspective of the novel and asks readers to consider how a modern writer could revisit the tale and broaden the perspective to include other voices, much like Wild Sargasso Sea revisits Jane Eyre.
- Requires a free PBS account to access resources
- The resource includes the video, discussion questions, a vocabulary list, and a writing activity