Safety first! A science video explores the design of safety helmets. It considers both elastic and inelastic collisions.
8 Views 6 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable NGSS: Adaptable
- Use a graphic organizer to record notes during the lesson
- Ask pupils to bring in different types of helmets to analyze their effectiveness for absorbing a collision
- Lesson uses new vocabulary that may be difficult for English learners to understand
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Consults a scientist in the field for explanations
- Provides closed captioning to aid in note taking