This Rosa Parks: 5 Day Lesson lesson plan also includes:
What led to the success of the Montgomery Bus Boycott, and how might historians approach this question differently? This rich series of lessons includes a short introductory video clip, analysis of six primary source documents, and historian think-aloiuds for your young historians to approach the inquiry question and consider the overall impact of Rosa Parks' courageous actions.
- Spend time analyzing the primary source images associated with the inquiry documents. This will help to engage students and support more visual learners
- For a more condensed lesson addressing similar content and skills, the publisher has provided a 1-day and 3-day version of the lesson (you can locate this in the left-hand menu)
- All activity materials and primary source documents provided (see included materials)
- Excellent lesson organization
- Adaptable to a variety of Common Core State Standards