This Rock Types 2 interactive also includes:
All rocks include two or more minerals but greatly vary in appearance. The online interactive encourages scholars to match the rock types to the facts they know about each. They then complete three grid puzzles reviewing the same information. For those without Internet access, the resource offers a worksheet with the same content.
- Review the difference between intrusive and extrusive igneous rocks before starting the grids
- Requires prior knowledge of four types of rocks, how they formed, their appearance, and an example
- Assumes pupils can quickly solve Sudoku-style puzzles
- Each grid becomes increasingly more difficult
- Allows for differentiation by using the online or worksheet version