This Richard II: Study Guide activity also includes:
Shakespeare loved to write plays about famous kings. A study guide for Richard II explores the drama surrounding the reign of King Richard while reinforcing important language arts skills. After attending a performance of the play, theater goers write a review and conduct discussions about key themes within Richard II.
- Choose a scene from the play, have students perform the scene in groups, and note the different choices they make in their performances
- Watch a few different video performances of a scene from Richard II and compare the portrayals of the main characters
- Lists Florida theater standards on the front page of the document
- Provides a list of key vocabulary words from the text
- Includes hyperlinks to additional resources
- Focuses on one performance of the play, which may prove difficult for learners outside of Florida to access