Sometimes a person needs an ear unattached to a mouth, a place to vent or clarify emotions. Journals are a great way to offload or gain insight into mixed emotions. The trick is to find a starting point. This list of 30 journal prompts, questions, and ideas provides a great way to begin the healing journey.
- Present one prompt each day or give the entire list to class members and ask them to choose a different one each day
- Review the mandatory reporting guidelines for your school and your state
- Most appropriate for trained counselors
- Clarify with writers whether you or anyone else will be reading the journals
- The prompts focus, for the most part, on examining positive support systems and aspects of one's life