This Resume Writing Basics Workshop activity & project also includes:
What factors help create compelling resumes? Using a professional resource, scholars complete graphic organizers to describe the sections of a resume. They also complete checklists to identify which items not to include in their resumes. Finally, they use what they've learned to create their own resumes that stand out in a crowd.
- Have individuals add examples to the list of action verbs
- Distribute copies of exemplar resumes
- Requires access to a computer, word processor, and printer if using the resume template
- Provides various resources, including a list of action verbs and tips for writing successful resumes
- Includes specific lesson objectives to keep the lesson focused