This Research Project Embedded with Media Literacy lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Here is a phenomenal language arts lesson on media literacy for your middle and high schoolers. In it, learners produce a research product in the form of a public service announcement (PSA). First, they view examples of these PSA's to get familiar with them. The worksheets embedded in the plan support your teaching and student learning. Technology is also put to good use in this cross-curricular lesson plan.
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- The instructor models with a think-aloud how to evaluate the objectivity, authority, and reliability of the provided PSA
- Groups then repeat the process as guided practice before crafting their own PSAs
- The worksheets are carefully scaffolded so that all learners can be successful