This Related Rates of Car Speeds interactive also includes:
Speed up your pupils' understanding of derivatives. Two cars travel in perpendicular distances to each other. With the aid of the interactive, learners visualize the situation. Pupils use the derivative to calculate the instantaneous rate of the distance between the two cars.
- Spend time reviewing differentiating variables in relationship to another
- Must sign up for a free CK-12 account to gain access
- Class members should know the Pythagorean Theorem
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Uses colors to designate individual distances
- Learners can view the correct answer if they input the wrong one