This Red Power Prevails : The Activism, Spirit, and Resistance of Native American Women lesson plan also includes:
Native American women powered the American Indian Movement and other social changes, but they are often forgotten by history books. Examining a series of resources, including a documentary film, photographs, secondary sources, and social media from advocacy groups, young scholars recapture the forgotten past. Extension options include sharing their knowledge on social media and other ideas to boost voices silent in textbooks.
- Use the included worksheet to allow for independent exploration of Native American women's history
- Develop a social media post to reflect on learning
- Pupils need Internet access with video to complete the research suggested in the activities
- Lesson recaptures forgotten history
- Activities are easy to incorporate independent exploration or break into group work