This Real-Life Math | Police Accident Investigator video also includes:
I swear it was an accident. Future motorists watch a video where a police accident investigator explains how he determines car speed from the length of a skid mark and the coefficient of friction. Performing similar computations requires them to evaluate an expression involving a square root to finish the installment of a larger Real-Life Math series.
- If available, see if a police or insurance accident investigator can come give a practical presentation
- Scholars should be familiar with square roots
- A scientific calculator may be beneficial
- Provides instructor notes on when to pause the video for discussion
- Highlights a real-world use of mathematics
- The square root sign is incomplete in the worksheet, which may cause confusion