This Real-Life Math | Athletic Trainer video also includes:
The lesson is sure to get scholars' blood pumping. An athletic trainer highlights some uses of math in athletic training in a heart-pumping video. After watching it, pupils get together in groups to measure their resting heart rates and calculate their target heart rates.
- Collaborate with a physical education or health teacher for the lesson
- Activity requires a stopwatch
- An understanding of ratios is a must
- Includes two activity extensions
- Provides a data sheet to record measurements
- Connection to ratios is a bit thin