Scholars analyze the environmental movement started in the 1960s. Through excerpts from Rachel Carson's books as well as diary entries, they take a look at the reason for the modern movement to save the planet and then create final written responses.
- Have groups research the various environmental acts passed during the 1970s that are included in the resource
- Create guided-reading questions to help those who struggle with the material
- Lesson only takes one class period, so pace accordingly
- Resource includes printable materials for use in class
- Lesson provides discussion and written response questions