This Pythagorean Theorem to Determine Distance: Tree Shadows interactive also includes:
Why is that shadow getting longer? Determine the changes in the length of a shadow as the sun changes position in the sky. Individuals use an interactive to calculate the length of a shadow at different times during the day via the Pythagorean Theorem. The scholars use the information learned to determine how to create a sundial.
- Provide more items to calculate the distance between two points on the coordinate plane
- Go outside and determine the lengths of a shadow of a meter stick at different times of the day
- Pupils should understand how to use the Pythagorean Theorem
- Must create a free account and login to access the interactive
- More complex items contain hints
- Displays correct answer if the incorrect answer is chosen