This Pythagoras Rectangles and Isosceles Triangles video also includes:
When does the Pythagorean Theorem come in handy? An intriguing video uses the Pythagorean Theorem to solve problems other than simply finding the length of a side of a right triangle. Pupils find the diagonal of a rectangle and the altitude of an isosceles triangle to find the triangle's area.
- Brainstorm several types of problems that would require the Pythagorean Theorem to solve
- Textbook exercises cover several videos
- Individuals should know how to find the area of a triangle
- Includes answer keys for the worksheets
- Highlights the importance of using the complete value of the length of a side, instead of just the rounded value when making further calculations