Was Puritan society governed as more of a theocracy or democracy? After comparing and contrasting a series of primary source documents, middle and high schoolers form small groups and debate the question.
14 Views 18 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Instead of breaking pupils into small groups, assign them to answer the activity question in an essay
- Flip your class by giving the reading portion of the article as a homework assignment
- Requires little prep time
- Includes images and case studies to help explain concepts
- Teaches learners to evaluate texts with two perspectives and to compare those perspectives