This Puppet Show activity & project also includes:
It's a play, it's a story, it's a puppet show! A lively resource provides academics with a creative outlet to express their views on diversity and social justice. Scholars are responsible for writing, creating, and performing a puppet show for the school community or family members. Historians also write in journals and participate in a Q&A with the audience to process what they learned from the experience.
- Have learners choose the audience they wish to perform for
- Arrange for local puppeteers or actors to speak to the class
- Educators should collect the materials before the lesson begins
- Resource combines art, writing, and social justice themes in a creative, interactive manner
- The lesson allows English learners to express themselves in a non-verbal way