This Print Job activity also includes:
A watched printer never finishes—or does it? Engage your classes in a ratio and proportion task that asks them to predict how long it takes to print the numbers one through 88 on 88 sheets of paper. They use video to determine the rate of printing each page to help them make their predictions.
- Provide the videos with important information and allow learners to develop a solution strategy independently
- Give each group a different sheet total to use for their calculations
- Expects previous experience with ratios and proportions
- This content requires Adobe Flash to view
- Presents the information in an intriguing way
- Provides different options to extend the lesson