Demonstrate a method for finding the prime factorization of numbers using factor trees and a video that explains how to break a number down to its prime factors. The instructor reinforces the concept of factors by displaying the number as the product of primes.
- Create a set of problems for independent practice
- Ask individuals to use factor trees to organize factors of each number
- Learners should have a strong understanding of factors and prime numbers
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Instructor uses a methodical approach to developing a set of prime factors
- Video only shows one odd example that only has two prime factors