This Primary Source Worksheet: Theodore Roosevelt, Excerpt from “The Square Deal” Speech worksheet also includes:
Talk about a timely resource! As part of a series of primary source exercises, individuals read and respond to questions about Theodore Roosevelt's "The Square Deal" speech. Roosevelt reminds us of what our social system should be.
2 Collections 50 Views 42 Downloads
- Ask class members to apply the concepts Roosevelt outlined in his "Square Deal" speech and identify five challenges that the United States faces today
- After a mini-lesson on rhetorical devices, ask groups to note the techniques Roosevelt includes in his speech
- Collect the entire set of worksheets and use them periodically as skill-building exercises
- Sort the worksheets by subject and incorporate into appropriate units
- The worksheet includes text-based and interpretative questions as well as a list of suggested activities