This Primary Source Worksheet: Theodore Roosevelt, Excerpt from “The Square Deal” Speech worksheet also includes:
Talk about a timely resource! As part of a series of primary source exercises, individuals read and respond to questions about Theodore Roosevelt's "The Square Deal" speech. Roosevelt reminds us of what our social system should be.
48 Views 41 Downloads
- Ask class members to apply the concepts Roosevelt outlined in his "Square Deal" speech and identify five challenges that the United States faces today
- After a mini-lesson on rhetorical devices, ask groups to note the techniques Roosevelt includes in his speech
- Collect the entire set of worksheets and use them periodically as skill-building exercises
- Sort the worksheets by subject and incorporate into appropriate units
- The worksheet includes text-based and interpretative questions as well as a list of suggested activities