Have you ever wondered how to paralyze a fish? The cone snail produces venom that works, but what happens at a molecular level? A calcium channel blocker prevents muscle movement, enabling the slow-moving snail to catch faster, larger fish. Talk about an unfair advantage!
- Discuss other medications for humans that come from sea creatures
- Share more about the delivery of this chemical from the cone snail to the fish because everyone loves a snail with a harpoon
- Relies on prior knowledge of nerves, synapses, and Prialt
- Relates biology, neurology, and conchology
- Works well in traditional or flipped classes