This Preventing Plastic Pollution video also includes:
While plastics don't biodegrade, they do photodegrade, creating issues in Earth's oceans. The final video in the Healthy Oceans series explains why plastic in oceans causes so many issues. the narrator explains the impact of plastic pollution on sea life and why it's impossible to just go pick up all the garbage. The video then offers hope and ideas for things everyone can do to prevent plastic pollution.
- Brainstorm a list of ideas for your school or community to reduce plastic use
- Organize an event to clean up a local beach, river, or other natural area
- Relies on prior knowledge of non-renewable resources, plastic, and ocean habitats
- Offers many ideas for extending the lesson
- Provides discussion questions