This Presidential Primary Challengers lesson plan also includes:
A formidable opponent can shake up the election of an incumbent president. Class members explore the results of the elections of 1912, 1968, 1976, 1980 and 1992 using video clips. A chart helps pupils organize their thoughts and analysis.
3 Views 0 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Use video clips to research why candidates challenged sitting presidents
- Students need devices to access videos
- Extension materials may be out of date as of the 2020 primary season
- Activity explores an area of presidential history often short changed
- Chart and supportive materials are ready to use