Take your first graders on a virtual trip to around Washington, DC. This presentation provides illustrated slides featuring a map showing the location of Washington, DC, the White House, and some of the more famous memorials and monuments. It also includes a section about White House pets and children who have lived in the White House. This presentation includes information prior to 2000.
- Download the presentation and add more current information
- Show the presentation as is and work as a class to find information from 2000 to the present (presidents' names, children's names, pet's names etc.)
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Interesting information for younger learners
- A great introduction, though you would need to supplement or amend to make it current
- Typos and a few graphics you will want to change
- Needs updating