This Practice Test English Language Arts: Grade 8 assessment also includes:
As teachers, it is our job to encourage learners to stand up for what they believe in and help them learn lessons from life's events. A set of practice questions designed for the ELA MCAS assessment features passages that teach positive lessons. Comprehension questions and a writing prompt accompany each passage and the resource offers graphic organizers to aid learners with accommodations.
- Conduct an in-class peer review of essay responses to help writers improve their writing
- Requires knowledge of the features of narrative and comparison/contrast essays
- Many pages only contain a few items, leaving a lot of paper blank, so review before deciding what to print
- Contains texts with numbered paragraphs for easy reference
- Offers a computer-based version of the practice test with guest login
- Asks a limited number of questions about each passage which may not fully assess student understanding