This Poppa's New Pants lesson plan also includes:
Angela Shelf Medearis' Poppa's New Pants provides third graders with an opportunity to stitch together their own narrative filled with sensory details. After reading the story and noting the sensory and concrete details in the tale that reveal compassion and courtesy, individuals craft a personal narrative in their journals about a time they showed compassion or courtesy.
- Provide writers with the rubric when assigning the narrative
- Requires copies of Angela Shelf Medearis' Poppa's New Pants
- Illustrated copies of the book are available for purchase; a copy of the text of the story is available online
- Two copies of the "Pattern for Pants" handout are also required for each participant
- Includes a rubric for the narratives