This Polymers and Monomers interactive also includes:
You don't want to break these chains! Show young chemists and biologists the basics of polymerization with a simple interactive. The resource gives learners three types of polymers to experiment with, as well as a brief tutorial about homopolymers and heteropolymers.
- Incorporate the interactive into a biology lesson on carbohydrates, nucleic acids, and proteins
- Use the resource to introduce polymer chemistry to your Chemistry I class
- Students should have a basic understanding of monomer and polymer structure before completing the simulation
- Monomers are color-coded so pupils can identify specific types once the polymer chain has been constructed
- The interactive is versatile and is great for both chemistry and biology classes