This Polygon Polynomials activity & project also includes:
Patterns in polygons lead to patterns in polynomials. Presented with a series of polygons, individuals create polynomial expressions to represent their patterns. The algebra project consists of nine problems that incorporate polynomial operations including factoring.
- Incorporate as an introduction to quadratic patterns
- After considering the patterns individually, have learners create a collaborative group to share strategies
- Requires a solid understanding of distributing and combining like terms
- Offers a teacher guide describing strategies for meeting desired learning outcomes
- Adaptable to various levels of pupils