This Plate Tectonics: Fifth Grade Lesson Plans and Activities unit also includes:
Fifth graders continue their investigation of the plate tectonics cycle with an exploration of the movement of Earth's crust. During the lab, young geologists conduct an experiment to discover the result of different types of stress associated with converging, diverging, and transform plate boundaries. Lastly, individuals create a tetrahedron map that outlines these boundaries.
- Instead of having individuals research the distribution of Earth's volcanoes and earthquakes for homework, take them to the computer lab to do the research
- The third lesson in a four-part unit on the plate tectonics cycle
- Have class members refer to pages 6-7 in the workbook
- Acquire the following materials before implementing in the classroom: round balloons, flour, water, wax paper, aluminum foil, scissors, glue, and crayons
- Includes blackline masters within the resource
- Provides a workbook for the whole unit